With the Sunday Ritual we set aside three hours or so every Sunday (any day will do) to write out a menu for the week, shop for the week, and prep meals for the week. This doesn’t need to be a finicky, obsessive compulsive affair. The idea is to simply make the rest of the week easier by doing a little prep work in advance. The ritual day should look as follows:
- Sit yourself down and come up with your meal plan, meal ideas or needs for the week.
- Once you have a plan, calculate roughly how much of each food you’ll need for the week and generate a shopping list.
- Go shopping! Use the shopping list and avoid impulse buys.
- Time to start cooking. You may want to prep everything for the week, including shakes, or you may prefer to only prep the things that take a bit of time to do, or are for busy times of day.
- Cook the meat/beans, chop the vegetable, and distribute the supplements as necessary. Have them ready to grab and take with you in the morning, so you’re ready whatever the boss throws at you.