Before you leave for or even book a restaurant:
- Check out the menu online.
- Look or ask if a ‘gluten free’ menu is available if you are gluten sensitive.
- Drink 8oz of water before you leave home.
- Eat something light before you go like a protein shake so that you are not starving when you get there!
Ordering at the Restaurant:
- Always order sauce on the side
- Choose a protein with 2 vegetables and a healthy fat
- Stay away from bread
- Change it up – if meat over pasta, ask for the same but over salad instead.
- Add extra vegetables
- If you are going to have a desert, share it with a friend
- Ask for a starter portion instead of full
- For breakfast, instead of potatoes, ask for sliced tomatoes or fruit
- When you stop feeling hungry stop eating
- Eat slowly take to your friends
- Be the first to order not the last (set the trend of healthy choices, don’t follow the bad ones)
- When everyone else has desert ask if they have a cheese board instead.
- You can ask for steamed vegetables as a side (no butter)
- You can order a grilled meats dry
- Ask for a lettuce wrap instead of bread or a bun
- Spaghetti -> Spaghetti squash or other veggies
- Chips -> Baked sweet potato chips or beet chips or kale chips
- Fries -> Baked sweet potato or other potato
- Rice -> Quinoa
- Mashed potatoes -> Veggies
- Pizza Crust -> Gluten free thin crust
- Baking with flour -> Almond flour or coconut flour
- Salt -> lemon juice or other dry seasonings
- Milk/Dairy -> Avoid
- Potatoes at breakfast -> Sliced tomatoes
- Bread -> Lettuce wrap
- Mayonnaise -> Mustard
- Sugar -> Stevia
- Sour cream -> Smaller serving on the side
- Toast -> Wheat toast dry
- Croutons -> Nuts
- Bowl of ice cream -> Small Bowl of frozen fruit