The first thing that comes to most minds is no. Not today and probably not ever. Actually, most people do not even understand the extent of their full potential. I want you to know your full potential, strive towards it and do it without fear!
Everyday I encounter clients who wish for their goals while constantly sabotaging their efforts on a daily basis. I see the potential each person has and it bothers me to no end to watch it. Not that I’m perfect by any means but why is it ever a good idea to not reach your full potential?
Here are a few ideas for reaching your full potential:
- Reflect on what you really want! Really try and think about what you genuinely want out of life and out of this program or your health, career or family. It probably won’t take long for you to figure it out.
- Be an optimist! Having a positive outlook on what you desire goes along way! You have to believe in yourself. Instead of giving yourself reasons why you can’t give yourself reasons why you can. “Many of life’s failures were people who did not realize how close they were before they gave up.” Thomas Edison
- Set Goals. If you don’t have a clear destination to where you want to go, getting there is almost impossible. Then you must never tire at moving toward this goal no matter the setbacks or circumstances. “The more you dream, the farther you get.” Michael Phelps
- Find a great coach or mentor! I truly believe this. If you want something bad enough, go find the person that has already had success and read their books, buy their materials, meet with them and learn everything you can from them. You must find the example you wish to emulate!!
- Be Thankful! This is so important. When you reach a higher level or a new goal, understand that it was not chance and be thankful!!! Imagine if someone gave you a great gift and you did not say thank you, the likelihood of him or her giving you something again is slim. Life is the same way.
- Learn to love to learn! You will never stop learning and if you do you will stop growing and wither away and die. “All the information you need to succeed already exist; the only problem is you’re not exposing yourself to it.” Jim Rohn
- Learn to love change. The right change of course. You will never reach your full potential without learning to change. I laugh when people say they hate change and hate the way they are in the same sentence. Think about that…
Now, despite what others have said or what you actually thought about yourself in the past…you are capable of great things! I believe in you. So Get Focused! Get Motivated! and take advantage your abilities! Remember that this is a journey…not a quick fix. The trick is staying positive and surrounding yourself with positive people. Your full potential is yours but only you can know it and reach it!!! Do not sell yourself short.