As I mentioned in my last blog look at what you’re not eating to lose weight one of the key factors is hydration, so if you don’t currently drink 1 ½ to 2 ½ litres of water then here is one way you can increase it and get lot of other health benefits with it!
First of all it’ll just help get fluid levels up, but also there are many health and fitness benefits associated with it:
- Green tea contains polyphenols which behave like powerful anti oxidants. And Epigallocatechin Gallate (EGCG) which is currently being studied for the treatment of many medical conditions.
- The combination of L-theanine, an element of GABA and Dopamine, with caffeine can improve brain function much better than caffeine alone.
- Increases in fat burning, of between 4 & 17%, and performance by 11 to 12% have been credited to green tea, though not all studies have shown results.
- Green tea drinkers are at less risk of some cancers, like breast (22%), prostrate (48%), Colorectal (57%).
- It may help protect from Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s
- This liquid also has a antibacterial effect inhibiting bacteria growth in the mouth, streptococcus mutans. This also reduces bad breath.
- Diabetes risk may be reduced by as much as 42% in green tea drinkers.
- Cardiovascular disease can also be reduced by 31%
- Visceral fat, which store around the organs and gut, may be reduced faster.
- The overall risk of death is lower in green tea drinker than those that don’t drink it.
Your first priority is getting water in, but green tea is a great way to do it while adding many other health and fitness benefits. Aim for around two litres a day with 2 – 3 cups of green tea to give you around half to three quarters of a litre toward it.