Starchy foods are, by the main, in the medical profession considered as a beneficial form of carbohydrate, because it is complex in nature. So it should take longer for the body to break down, plus it comes with useful vitamins and minerals…
But how slow does it realy realise into the blood? Some of the more traditional methods of serving potato release sugars in to the blood as fast as table sugar, scoring an alarming 97 on the (GI) glycemic index. The only role carbohydrate has in the body is to provide full for energy. Having met full demand, i.e. muscle and liver glycogen supplys have been met, the rest can only go one place, FAT CELLS.
Every mineral and vitamin in these food can be best got from other plates that do provide slow release carbohydrate and less of it. Meats that provide protein and fat, that has many uses in the body, also slow stomach emptying, thus keeping you ‘fuller for longer’.
The worst offenders are grains and potatoes. If you wish to loose weight lose these, we don’t need them, only want them!
Are you struggling with your diet?
If you have 10 lbs of fat or more to lose I have a cost effect solution for you. Online personal training offers many benefits over conventional face to face. These include:
- Train at a time most suitable to you, not that of your trainer!
- Train as frequently as you want without incurring extra cost!
- Training online is a fraction of the price you would pay for face to face.
- You can pick the specialist most suited to your goals and needs.
Plus, you get them same service.
- Programme design (on your app)
- Nutritional coaching (pdf & video)
- Support and accountability (on your phone and app)
You can try it free for 21 days!